Question for multi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sadielynn

Aquarium Advice Addict
ability lights . With the acitinic , and day light bulbs , what is your programing of it ... How long is acitinic on ,then day light and back to acitinic .....Just curious to how the times you run yours . I am tweaking ours and thought that I would see what you all run yours ....

I run my super actinic and 50/50 bulb at the same time. I dont stagger mine at all. They come on at 9A and go off at 9P. Not saying stagger times are bad ,I just dont do it.

melosu58 said:
Not saying stagger times are bad ,I just dont do it.
Ditto.

Both come on at 12:30pm and go off at 10:30pm.
The blue moon LED are always on.

I've thought several times about putting them on their own timers and staggering them, but everything is doing so well that I haven't bothered.
(knock on wood)

I have 50/50 bulbs in my fixture now. I turn them on at the same time and off at the same time. LED are always on as well.

When I get my MH light installed, I might stagger an actinic light in the morning/late night, but I'm undecided right now.

I run all of mine at the same time. I use an 8 hour lighting period.

what are the differences in lighting periods? i notice some people use 12, 10 or 8.

All really depends on your preference, when you want the lights on, etc. Mine come on at 4 pm when I get home from work and off usually around midnight when I go to bed. Some people just have them on timers. No real difference in them though, some are just shorter or longer than others.

HTH

I believe 8-12 is a standard practice. I was having cyano problems and reduced my lighting from 10 to 8 hours and never changed it back.

That is sort of the reason I am tweaking mine I have some not alot on the back that I can not get to very easy.... I also have been having issues with zoa growth and for no reason that I can find they are not growing very well if at all I have done the steak out the tank at night nada , I have checked perameters all good , even bought a new kit to test and again fine all other corals are fine I have to run a CA test soon but suspect that is also WNL ... So to increase vewing time I have the acitinc turn on at like 915 am and the day lights at 1130 and off at 7 for the day lights ....acitinc off at 815 pm to see if that helps with the zoas and with the cyano

roka64 said:
I believe 8-12 is a standard practice. I was having cyano problems and reduced my lighting from 10 to 8 hours and never changed it back.
Same here.
I used to have mine come on a couple of hours earlier until my month long battle with the red slime.
Right now, mine come on during my lunch hour in case I come home and they stay on till the wife goes to bed.

Back
Top Bottom