Question on garlic guard.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowZz

Aquarium Advice Freak
today i used Garlic Guard on my pellet food for the first time i think from either Zer0's or Melsou's advice. I poured a very small amount into a tiny dipping sauce bowl then added some pelletes. I then just picked out the pellets and dropped them in and man did my clown go nuts over it. But my question is, is it okay to pour the small amount of liquid in or just pick the pellets out and drop them in like i did?

Garlic Guard is to be added to the food and not poured into the water. Next time put the food in the dipping dish and drip the Garlic G. onto the food. This way you won't waste the product. Remember that Garlic Guard may boost the immune system and is not a cure.

well thank you thin, but i wasnt using it for a cure of anything actually. and i didnt know it had a health boost at all. I was just having a problem with my clown enjoying his pellet food and someone said a solution was to use garlic guard. he does enjoy his usual blood worms though. :)

That's great. I just didn't want anyone to think that it was a miracle cure for ich or any other ailment.

Pro didn't really address if the garlic "boosts" the immune sytem in fish or not. Thats the reason I will soak food in garlic, to theoretically boost the fishes immune system in order for it to fight off parasite on its own. Not to "cure" the fish because I agree that the garlic won't "kill" crypt.
I'm sure it would be hard to prove if garlic or any other supllements we use like Selcon or Vita-Chem actually boost the immune system or not. Its just like humans taking daily vitamin or Airborne.

I think comparing garlic to palytoxin is a little bit of a stretch. Yes, they are both natural yet completely different. Palytoxin is a "toxin" and garlic is a vegetable. With that said, of course anything can be bad for you or fish if you ingest too much of it. Just my opinions... and I do have much respect for Steven Pro as an aquarist.

I`m not saying anything about boosting the immune system. I dont think you can doubt that. Even in Humans I think it does boost the immune system. Alot of folks think it`s a cure all for the ich.

Back
Top Bottom