Question: Smallest Adult Tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoeplein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just as the title shows -- what tang reaches the shortest maximum adult length?

While I'm asking... what about the same, but shortest wrase?

TIA !! :)

Are you asking because yo want one in your 75? The smallest doesn't necessarily mean smaller tank. In a 75 you could house basically any tang but not to adult size. A yellow or a purple would do well in there but most of the pther ones need more room.

For the tang question, I'm pretty sure the Kole tang is the smallest at 7.1 inches, then the Yellow at 7.9 according to "Marine Fishes". HTH

Thanks. :)

Short Kole Tang excerpt: They are one of the shyest of all the Tangs...

This is pretty much what I went for with every fish in my tank. Calmness > aggressive (ignore the fact that two damsels still exist in my tank :oops: ).

Yellow tang I've experience with and am not too fond of their attitudes. Pissy little buggers... unless you were referring to the Yellow Wrasse.. in which case, I dont think I have the space for such an active fish. Yellow hyperactive lightning thing. 8O any small "calm" wrasses? :lol:

...as far as tank size, I'm planning on upgrading to a 110g soon (already have tank that is drilled with a 30g sump/refug, stand and canopy) but am waiting for the final coat of paint ;)

Well if ur planning to go 110g you can house two adult tangs as long as u provide plenty of rockwork.. i love tangs, i have a blue, yellow, purple, sailfin and naso tang.. sailfin and naso in QT until my 100gal is up and running..

out of all of them i'd go a purple tang!! really good tangs.. maybe have a look at a convict tang.. they look pretty cool, unsure of availability though..

out of the wrasses i think the lunare wrasse is really good..! beautiful colouration!! but wrasses are very destructive as they love digging in the sand.. so watch ur bottom dwelling corals.. bye bye :S

Back
Top Bottom