Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No the overflow has 2 one inch bulkheads. You have threads to use hoses or you can use PVC . It's up to you

Hondatek said:
No the overflow has 2 one inch bulkheads. You have threads to use hoses or you can use PVC . It's up to you

Oh ok, so I would just need to order two inch hoses or PVC. I think I get it, LOL. I will look for some tow inch hoses.

Thanks! :)

As far as skimmers for the sump. I got a reef octopus 2500 diablo . It was recommended to me by mr. X. It's up to 300 gallons. It is huge so you need a decent amount of room under your tank .

I have seen those sumps at a Lfs. I never used them but if your going with a really big skimmer it's more than likely not going to fit in that sump. I know mine wouldn't even come close to fitting . Your better off making your own sump.

1. How many Tangs could I put in a 180g?
Not sure sorry

2. Do I have to have a sump if I want a reef?
I think any tank over 40 gallons needs a sump

3. What is your tank size that you may upgrade to one day?
I plan on having a 250 SW tank one day that will be a walk around in my entery way or living room.

4. This will certainly be my last upgrade, so do you think this is too small?
YES, but then again I dream of an 250gallon tank at least once a week. I just love the foot print of a tank that large.

5. What is the highest number of gallons tank you would upgrade to before you thought it was too much work?
Id think anything over 300 gallons would be to much work.

1. Prob 3 to 4
2. For a reef, a sump would be a def positive addition
3. 300g , really doesn't have many fish related restrictions
4. Only you can judge your ultimate tank size... for us to say its too big or small is impossible
5. There really isn't a limit. ... the bigger you go in tank size the more automation you need...not to mention the running costs are exponentional. Building a monster tank isn't about how much you can afford to spend getting it running, its about how much you can afford to spend to keep it running

Back
Top Bottom