questions about clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tarpon said:
I think they're hard to take care of..you have to like hand feed each part individually.

I target feed my corals now, just another one on the food chain... Lol

ok here we go.... lets hear it.. lfs guy said this was a great idea. then i looked them up online when i got home.
img_1521462_0_610bb5bd6038c3a35a6902d4b774d8ce.jpg

img_1521462_1_3310446c48b2a15366b4b98b0385ca80.jpg

img_1521462_2_1b68ebb64d10b23ed177a079073299ad.jpg

img_1521462_3_311c6a39f6e959727ef64c9ec28cc889.jpg

Kio707 said:
Unicorn, what is ur profile pic of?

Well, everybody already said it: it's a sun coral.
Polyps usually come out in the dark and you have to target feed it. Very beautiful coral and so far my fav in my tank :)

Finally, I get something right! LOL I considered them, but I figured that I would get sick of feeding it after about a week.

Greenturtle said:
Finally, I get something right! LOL I considered them, but I figured that I would get sick of feeding it after about a week.

Well, you don't have to feed them daily. Once per week is plenty
But yes, sometimes it is a chore ;b

I jave had NO luck with mine. It never fully opened up even right after I bought it. I did feed the semi open heads with mysis and tweezers but I;m still loosing the battle. Most of mine has receded and part is already dead. I;m still trying though, theres a couple heads with some color left.....I;m so bummed..

I read that you had to feed it every other day. Plus, I'm still a little scared of killing anything. I think I will be the first person on these forums to accidently kill a GSP or Xenia. LOL

carey said:
I jave had NO luck with mine. It never fully opened up even right after I bought it. I did feed the semi open heads with mysis and tweezers but I;m still loosing the battle. Most of mine has receded and part is already dead. I;m still trying though, theres a couple heads with some color left.....I;m so bummed..

Where did you place it? Could be affected by placement

Greenturtle said:
I read that you had to feed it every other day. Plus, I'm still a little scared of killing anything. I think I will be the first person on these forums to accidently kill a GSP or Xenia. LOL

Some say 1/week others say every other day... Mine is doing fine with once a week. It's not expanding drastically by any means (think they grow slow anyways).
Also, I don't want to over-feed my tank anymore than I already do >.<

doubt you would kill a Xenia though LOL

Sorry, we r kinda getting off topic, I know... ):

I have been a bit paranoid about killing things ever since my puffer. I asked my dad to feed my juvenile dwarf pufferfish i had in my 10 gallon tank that is now my QT for a week when I went on a class trip to Arizona. He fed it goldfish food. Lets just say I found it in the filter intake valve. Not my fault but still. :(

I had it hidden under an overhang. It;s still in the pico with no lights. I;ve been trying to entice the tentacles that are left out to feed with a slight feeding of cyclopeeze and shrimp. Nothing so far. I was only able to feed it for about a week then it just wouldnt open again. I have to admit it wasnt open when I saw it in the store either but they said it opens at night so I bought it anyway.

Probably not the brightest purchase..But still I wish I could have successfully kept it. I'm really bummed when something doesnt do well under my care or dies god forbid.....

Greenturtle said:
I have been a bit paranoid about killing things ever since my puffer. I asked my dad to feed my juvenile dwarf pufferfish i had in my 10 gallon tank that is now my QT for a week when I went on a class trip to Arizona. He fed it goldfish food. Lets just say I found it in the filter intake valve. Not my fault but still. :(

That is Terrible :( maybe next time you should walk him though the procedure a bit Better LOL

carey said:
I had it hidden under an overhang. It;s still in the pico with no lights. I;ve been trying to entice the tentacles that are left out to feed with a slight feeding of cyclopeeze and shrimp. Nothing so far. I was only able to feed it for about a week then it just wouldnt open again. I have to admit it wasnt open when I saw it in the store either but they said it opens at night so I bought it anyway.

Probably not the brightest purchase..But still I wish I could have successfully kept it. I'm really bummed when something doesnt do well under my care or dies god forbid.....

Take it out from the overhang. I noticed they like flow.
I also notices that if I have food floating in the tank the coral gets hungy too and comes out sometimes. Try having cyclop-eeze floating in there, my coral gets all excited when it's in my tank...

Right now its not under an overhang anymore, I tooka ll the rock out of the pico and moved it to the 20g. I'll try some more cyclopeeze and see where it gets me. If I can save even some of the polyps i woudl be quite happy.

thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom