questions about clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigford84

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have 2 Ocellaris clowns in my tank. i know the smaller one is gonna be the male,but they have been the same size for a year now. does the size matter? or are they both the same sex? they both love the nems but only one swims through and stays in the nems, and the other swims all around the tank and sometimes watches over the other while he or she is in the nems.

also i want to get one more fish (somthing kinda big and colorful) but after getting attacked and bitten 4 times today while cleaning the glass, i wounder if anything else will survive..

its a 55 gal with 30 gal sump/fuge. and all i have in there is the cuc, 2 clowns and a royal grama. (im sure that i got that one wrong) and 3 shrimp. oh and it is a reef tank

img_1518947_0_a0ca8f3077a85d14f54e59565041f6f3.jpg

img_1518947_1_d7a2ad9008a6c297e062f5c14f851ad0.jpg

size doesn't matter at the moment,the time will come when one will become the most dominant and become the female,you will see them twitching at each other during this process,you can definately add another fish.

Yep, you can add a few more fish in my opinion, how about a blenny and/or a goby? They both keep to themselves and are "happy" type fish so they should all get along.

I also wouldnt worry about the clowns, as mentioned above they will sort things out themselves most likely.

You could also add some shrimp...peppermints, cleaners or fire shrimpp even. If you coral banded then you need to get only one or a true mated pair as those shrimp will kill each other.

I personally like the cleaner shrimps, colorful and fun to watch.

I admire you, 55 gal and UNDERstocked, haven't heard that one in a while! Well done for your patience

well thank you... im under stocked cause i have no idea what to get. iv got suggestions from other members, but im looking for a larger body colorful fish that is ok for a 55 gal. and reef safe.but there really aren't any.

but im not too happy about all the work that goes into this tank for just 3 little fish, so im going to both of my lfs today and WILL find something nice.

I admire you, 55 gal and UNDERstocked, haven't heard that one in a while! Well done for your patience

Bigford84 must have the same condition I have....."Lack-o-money". Something Carey doesn't appear to suffer from. hehehehehe

I'm broke like no joke. Seriously....I just went on a recent rampage with corals lol.

I still have 4 tanks to sell too....God knows I need the money....the 125g needs new bulbs and I think I may go LED on the rimless yet. The stupid MH I have on it is not making me happy. Just ordered a new bulb for it though so I'll see if that helps.

carey said:
I'm broke like no joke. Seriously....I just went on a recent rampage with corals lol.

I still have 4 tanks to sell too....God knows I need the money....the 125g needs new bulbs and I think I may go LED on the rimless yet. The stupid MH I have on it is not making me happy. Just ordered a new bulb for it though so I'll see if that helps.

What size tanks u selling?

bigford84 said:
well thank you... im under stocked cause i have no idea what to get. iv got suggestions from other members, but im looking for a larger body colorful fish that is ok for a 55 gal. and reef safe.but there really aren't any.

but im not too happy about all the work that goes into this tank for just 3 little fish, so im going to both of my lfs today and WILL find something nice.

Try a coral beauty. Brings out a great focal point.

Wow your tank looks great! And way to go being understocked! Cant wait to see what fish you get

What size tanks u selling?

I'm selling a 4g pico, a 10g setup, a 55g sw setup with wet/dry and a fully loaded 55g sw that's been my baby for so long I hate to part with it. But I need the money....lol to feed ,y need for more tanks and fish and corals....lol

I'm selling a 4g pico, a 10g setup, a 55g sw setup with wet/dry and a fully loaded 55g sw that's been my baby for so long I hate to part with it. But I need the money....lol to feed ,y need for more tanks and fish and corals....lol

Yes, but I want a 125G... What fish do you have for sale?

This is probably the entirely worng place to do this but the 55g fulls etup has a fluval, quad t5's with ATI bulbs, a remora skimmer, heater, a beautiful stand and a koralia 750. I also may be selling off my par38 bulbs soon just not sure I wont be needing them.

I may post what I have on the forum classified, but since you cant really ship tank setups it would have to be local buyers.

Ok, back to thread topic.

Sorry moderators....won't go off track again. :-D

LOL... yeah, gotta focus... Maybe a flame angel? Really bring some pop into your tank.

Try a coral beauty. Brings out a great focal point.

are they reef safe? and iv been told they are ich magnets. is that true?
and for the being patience comments.... trust me iv been going nuts not buying new fish. but today is the day. my tank is just over a year old and could use some more coral and a fish or 2. lfs opens at 11:00 and cant stand sitting here till they open.

Back
Top Bottom