questions about pods!online buying experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abiroad

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a baby mandarin in my 55g, i had pods in my system before i got him, i grow cheato in the sump.I also do a pod condo type thing with some filter media switching between sump and dt. I also got him eating most prepared foods, and occasionally when i hatch them hatched brine. But i also have a 6 line and i feel like i have noticed less pods so i want to seed the system again with like 2000. is the good for a 55g?
should i put them all in the dt? or all in the sump? or half and half?
Mostly, has anyone had any experience buying them online? I was looking at reefs2go and a few other sites.

THANKS!

I bought pods from reefs2go once and got a piece of filter floss with pods on it. :-( I was not impressed. lol

I would think 2000 wont make much of a dent if you have 2 pod eating critters though. Just my opinion

that's unfortunate, i saw they had free shipping on them.

I still have pods..I just wanted to supplement my population a little bit.

Nah there pods are great. I used to order 500 and get 500 free. Yes, they come in filter floss but it makes it easier to seed. You just drop them in our tank and wait until they all leave.

I've gotten the reef nutrition tigger pods before and they were great. I still have a ton of them in my DTs and sumps, and I used to culture them and sell a gallons worth for about $20 (~4000-5000 pods is my guess )

Nah there pods are great. I used to order 500 and get 500 free. Yes, they come in filter floss but it makes it easier to seed. You just drop them in our tank and wait until they all leave.

Right on. Did you drop it in your sump or your dt?

I've gotten the reef nutrition tigger pods before and they were great. I still have a ton of them in my DTs and sumps, and I used to culture them and sell a gallons worth for about $20 (~4000-5000 pods is my guess )

Did you get them off reef2go?

I liked reefcleaners pods better than reefs2go. For what you pay you should get something more than filter floss with some pods on it. With reefcleaners they give you a bag of them in water where you can see what youre getting. Just seemed more professional to get them in a bag, at least for me.

I liked reefcleaners pods better than reefs2go. For what you pay you should get something more than filter floss with some pods on it. With reefcleaners they give you a bag of them in water where you can see what youre getting. Just seemed more professional to get them in a bag, at least for me.

+1 That's why I only use them.

Back
Top Bottom