Quick Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noplac2hyd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Bought green star polups (bad speller I know) i was wondering how long does it usually take till they start emerging from the tubes..

thanks in advance

another question i forgot.... i know there more or less a lower light coral but is it better just towards the bottom of the tank or in a cave or does not matter

I Bought green star polups (bad speller I know) i was wondering how long does it usually take till they start emerging from the tubes..

No realy way to tell, there are alot of variables that go into them being closed upon transport and introduction to your tank. You will usually see a polyp or two out within a few hours, I have known some colonies to take a week or more to completely open.

i know there more or less a lower light coral but is it better just towards the bottom of the tank or in a cave or does not matter

I would not put them in a cave, but so long as they are getting adequate light (I'd say they are intermediate, not low light) they should thrive. I can't kill mine (and I've tried) ;)

Back
Top Bottom