Quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have my 125 set up now for over a year. All of the levels are perfect - 0 on trates, trites and ammonia. PH 8.4 and temp 79-81. I used to have somewhat of a problem with algea on the glass, on the LR, etc. Now I dont see as much growth on the LR or on the glass and the coraline growth isnt as good as it was. Not that is was ever just running wild, but I have nothing going on now. I am about to upgrade my lights from 80 NO Florescents to around 300 Watts with Icecap lighting. Plus I dont notice as much of a POD population as I once had. What could be wrong? I have 2 false percs, 1 yellow wrasse and 1 yellow tailed damsel. Have about 90 LBS of LR in the tank. Plus I have noticed a decrease in what once was a TON of pineapple feeders (attach to water column and such).
Thanks

For the coraline what is your calcium level in the tank? Adding the lighting should help you with that too...other stuff some one else is going to have to help, sorry

no bulbs tend to lose their spectrum. If they are a year old it is time to get a new one. As far as the pods, the wrasse could be helping himself to them for dinner. Do you have a sump with lr rubble for the pods as a fuge for them?

And fauna seem to go through a natural die off period sometimes, often followed by another explosion.

Yes I thought the new lighting would help as well. Im working on this now. Also I was measuring the calcium levels at one time but gave up on it as I HATED the test kit that I had. Have not persued this recently. Guess I need a new test kit...
No I cant find anyone that has rubble for sale AND I dont have much room in the sump for anything else other than just a small 1-2 peices of LR if that. I may add a fuge later for this very reason.

Back
Top Bottom