Quick reactor question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a nextreef smr1 reactor. My question is it came with 2 circular sponges that fit in to chamber. I know that 1 goes above the media to keep it from blowing out. Is the other supposed to go just below the media. That is where I have it and the phosguard is tumbling greAt. The problem is the bottom sponge eventually works its way up the pipe and the media ends up being sandwiched bw two sponges. When this happens the media no longer tumbles.

Sounds like you might have too much flow going through the reactor, amking everythign compress. Can you put a ball valve in line to slow down your flow a little?

Yes I can. I also thought about wrapping a rubberband or a zip tie around the pipi inside the reactor to hold the sponge down. As long as everything stays in place with good tumbling action is it possible to have too much flow.

I had the same problem solved it with a zip tie, didnt like the idea of a rubber band in there You want your media to just dance on top, to much tumbling will cause it to break down

Back
Top Bottom