R2 extreme moonlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Geoff

Aquarium Advice Regular
Posting this here because I thought you guys might have a little more experience with LED's:

Have a 29 gal tall freshwater aquarium and was thinking of putting in some moonlighting for the nighttime. Does anyone have any experience with the r2 extreme moonlights? They seem affordable and easy to install. Let me know! Link Of lights is below.

http://r2moonlights.com/r2-extreme-led-moonlight-p-6.html

Thanks for the reply. You think the single will be sufficient for my 29 gallon? Do you have a hood for your lighting? Was the r2 able to fit within it?

I think the single would be fine over a 29. The dual extreme would definitely be overpowering imo. I'm just running a dual t5 fixture over my tank, no hood. Used double sided tape on the back of the fixture to secure the mounts. The unit itself is quite small, maybe 3" long and perhaps 3/4" round. I wouldn't imagine you'd have too much trouble finding an area to mount it.

I have one over my 29 g and is plenty. I've had one with phase controller for 3 or 4 years. I have no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom