Rarest Fish at LFS? Price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SALTYDAWGY

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just wanted to see what the rarest fish or invert anyone has ever seen for sale at a LFS?

I saw a Conspicuous Angel for sale (6-7 inches) about 2 years ago. It was going for 2500.00.

Centropyge aurantia or Golden Angelfish. My LFS had one in for $499. It sold and now they have a waiting list for the next one. They have only seen three come through the doors. Supply and demand theory? :roll:

I saw a huge tiger moray eel for $1,599. Hard to say exactly how long he was since most of his body was in a rock, but looked to be around 4 feet.

A waiting list? Wow. It amazes me how much someone will spend on a fish. I could not believe when I actually saw the conspicuous angel. What was even more amazing was that it sold in a week. It sold for 2000.00. I remember when I started with fresh water fish and griped about a $7.00 cichlid. 2 years later I slapped down $100.00 for a majestic angel and didn't give it a second thought. When you upgrade to salt , it seems like your mind takes a different perspective on what a fish is worth. But there are some fish that are at a different level and unattainable to joe schmoe. Sure would love a Tinker's BFly though.

Masked Puffer going for 250 dollars. One was at a LFS, and the other was were I was working. I sold the puffer a few days later to a guy with mulitple tanks.

Hey lando I bought a golden dwarf angelfish a few months back for $90. But the sad news is he never ate so he passed on. But the same store has another one for the same price and he is eating and has been there for about a month. I would love get him, but I have no room for him now. $499 I think you might be thinking of the Gold Flake angelfish. Maybe?

Hey lando I bought a golden dwarf angelfish a few months back for $90. But the sad news is he never ate so he passed on.
Very common with this fish. Given their reclusive nature, many are cyanide caught and die within a few weeks.

That Fish Place has or had a Remora for about $1000. Not sure if it's still there, been a while since I took a visit. Cool as hell- but it just sits there.....

LFS here dont really have any fish thats over $100....Kinda sucks since it would be cool to see in person what a 50-2000 dollar fish would look like.

lol... your lfs probably doesnt want to take risks because if it dies they'll like go out of buisness or just get crippled for awhile.

What about the local aquarium in your town. They probably have some expensive fish there.

Back
Top Bottom