RBTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mdubster

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this wondering anemone that won't find a spot. I've had him in the tank for over a month he's stung 3 coral. Will the coral live and will that thing ever find its spot? He's literally been all over the tank many of times.

Sometimes the coral lives but sometimes not. There could be many reasons why he is moving. Lighting not adequate, water parameters, and space requirements. IMO a tank needs to me mature to house an anemone. At least a yr old in my experience. What type lighting?

Dimmable Tao's. Last time I tested the water everything was in the good range trates were 10 ppm everything is happy but that thing lol

image-2505360077.jpg

The reason the tank needs to be a year old is because your water parameters will bounce around. The more mature a tank the less movement of your water parameters. For an anemone the nitrates must be 0 which can only be in a mature tank.

The reason the tank needs to be a year old is because your water parameters will bounce around. The more mature a tank the less movement of your water parameters. For an anemone the nitrates must be 0 which can only be in a mature tank.

Gotcha. Lfs fellow told me some tall tales then. I'll try and take it back to them. Thanks for the help

They are just trying to make a quick sale. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. How old is your tank?

I don't know but with six months in I would take a chance. You need to do bi weekly PWC`s but it might just work. I was thinking you might have just started.

I don't know but with six months in I would take a chance. You need to do bi weekly PWC`s but it might just work. I was thinking you might have just started.

I do weekly changes about 10 gallons a week.

Back
Top Bottom