RBTA pulled into CPR overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Very uncool. Mr. Anemone was pulled through the screen on the overflow inlet. Who knew that he'd fit through there. I did get him out by pulses of flow through the overflow.

But now he's in rough shape. It appears that the suction through the screen almost ripped him in half. I'm thinking that he's not going to make it through tomorrow. But we will see.

This morning he was in his normal place about 6" across looking very healthy......

we'll see....

ACtually a lot of time BTAs will go to a high flow area like a PH, return, or overflow when they are ready to split. The flow helps them get ripped in half. Look and make sure that you don't notice a 2nd mouth on one of the halves. Best of luck.

Keep us posted. Hope he makes it, and may even split. Good luck...Lando

Okay, you may actually want to look up the splitting process. For some reason I don't think the clone has a mouth at first so that is not a good way to determine if its splitting, however I can tell you that it will look like hell for a while after it splits, you should know soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom