Rbta split...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well this morning it happened my RBTA Split. I don't know if was from it being sucked into the pump or it's just happy and decided to split.... It this a good thing that this has happen or is it bad?

Thanks (y)

Well actually it could be good or bad news. RBTAs/BTAs will split for a bunch of different reasons (yes Sparky a pair of scissors will do the trick too). Some people get them to split by feeding them, others by changing water temps on them. They will also split as a sign of water issues, as a stress related action.

Most likely it is a good thing and that is very cool. As Sparky mentioned mine has looked like it was going to split for a long time now but has yet to do so.

Well The other day it got was caught in the pump It made it's way up to it and thought he could go for a ride threw some waves... but I caught him just in time... I believe it may have been from stress.... It got cut up a little bit. But it looks happy now both of them nothing out of the ordinary that I can see....

Back
Top Bottom