Reading AP Tests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay - dumb question, after I've like 5 or 6 months into my tank, but when you read an Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test, do you hold the tube right up against the card, or up off of it a bit? Readings are totally different. I've been reading them up against the card, but I've seen the LPS do it by standing them up on the card, which is not the same reading as right against it...

i hold it to the card, i cant remember if it says in the directions. i know some of my tests say to read it against the card, but hey are hagen tests......

maybe if you can get get some natural daylight and compare it then...

Those are the tests that we use here . Hold onto the card , use sun or flourescent lit room to read in . Also watch how long you let them set as that can change the readings (most take 5 minutes to get to the "ready" any thing less may give you a false reading IMHHO)

I've been holding them against, mostly too.

If you hold it above the card, both PH and Nitrate give a totally different reading (at least one or more steps lower).

Guess I've been doing it right, but when I saw the LFS using the same test reagents, and standing them up on end, it made me wonder.

Back
Top Bottom