Recommend doing tests for Nitrate ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I test for phosphate once a month maybe along with nitrate. My nitrate test requires a nitrite test before doing the nitrate so I test that about twice a month. I do more testing of pH, calcium, and alkalinity. If you're just getting started with a SW tank I would recommend testing more often (maybe weekly) until you get used to how the tank runs and looks. After awhile you can tell something's off just by the way things are appear in the tank.

Acually it has been running for around 4 months. I just was curious on how everyone out there approaches the situation.

I test my 55g reef every two weeks. I test for PH, Aumonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Silicates,Phostphates, Alk and Calcium.

I only run a hang-on skimmer for my only mechanical filtration, so I like to keep a close eye on the water conditions in able to combat any minor fluctuations if they occur. Good news, I haven't detected any yet. My tank has been up for 1 year.

Howard

Back
Top Bottom