Red algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roytonblue

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How do I get rid water paremeters good 20% water change every week still comes back as fast.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you post the water test results for your water change water. Try to pull out as much manually as you can.

I've had this issue for a while now. [moderator edit] cyanno

Last edited by a moderator:
I will thanks im still new to this my gravity 1.024 nitrates 0 nitrites 0 ph 8.2 use ro water and pro reef salty

Sorry. Yes that's my salinity

Sent from my C6903 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Chemiclean harmful to fish or coral?

Just reduce your nutrient import and increase your nutrient export and you'll be able to get it under control without any additives.

No, chemiclean and red slime remover are not harmful to fish or coral. It'll make a protein skimmer go nuts for a couple of days though. Just keep in mind, that unless the problem causing cyano is addressed it will just come back later on.

You have to down your protein skimmer in order to use chemi clean and yes it will come back water changes and fixing the problem is the best advice I've been given. I'm also puting in a media reactor this weekend

I don't understand don't feed as often?

Over feeding results in decaying food that raise nutrients if you don't have enough water circulation there could be dead zones and if your cuc isn't good enough it hangs around.

As recommended, look into Chemiclean. It will not harm your fish, corals or invertebrates.

I will thanks its worth a try

Chemiclean is just a temporary bandaid. It won't fix the problem. You need to reduce nitrates and phosphates.
What do you feed, how much and how often? What filtration do you have? How big is your tank and how much rock do you have?

If you feed a lot you need to do larger or more frequent water changes. Or remove the excess nutrients through other filtration.

Back
Top Bottom