Red flatworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khmer86

Aquarium Advice Regular
Red flatworms keeps coming back after 3 treatment from salifert flatworm exit. Followed directions as instructed. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks but that was the exact link I followed when I had done my tank and did same thing they did. But for some reason it's slowly starting to reappear, I'm thinking of taking out my live rock and getting rid of the live sand since it may be hiding in the crevice of live sand but that is my last resort since I have two engineer goby in my tank

They will burn themselves out over time. I think people make them out to be worse than they are. They are ambush predators that eat pods. They are also somewhat photosynthetic. They perch on high spots to get light, like rock and coral- they do nothing to deliberately harm anything but pods, and when the pod population is scarce, they die off too. I always just rode them out till they disappeared on their own.

Thanks x, I see quite a few not a lot but I just hope it dies off and goes away, I don't want to spend another 20 dollars but if I have to I will. Hope it goes away because I hate those flatworms

Back
Top Bottom