Red hair algae causing snail death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want a whole new tank around 200 gal but expensive not sure where the best place to buy is

If you look at the site at reef cleaners it will show pictures and ways of getting rid of different algae. I have had cyano (red slime) in one tank, I have red coraline in another tank, and in another tank I have red terf aglae, It is hard to tell what is going on in your tank without pictures. Red turf is bristle to the touch like steel wool. Cyano isn't really an algae at all it is a bacteria and is slimy and will come off in sheets. Red coraline is a very hard algae that has to be scrapped to come of it is like it is part of the rock it isn't slimy or bristle like.

I have attached some pics. A few days of blackout didn't do much if anything.

Attachments

• image-1969293978.jpg
    image-1969293978.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 91
  • image-41461212.jpg
    image-41461212.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 109
  • image-4244099925.jpg
    image-4244099925.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 107
I'm thinking of getting 3 emeralds and some more snails. But emeralds are around £15 each so I hope they make a dent in it!

Where u live I'd get a nice new dish brush take the rocks out in some old water when u do a water change and scrub it and try and lower ur nutrients coz everywhere I read it says it needs low flow and nutrients and if u got a mp40 can't be the flow

Not yet..! I bought a crown top snail who is huge but he's yet to even take a nibble at it.

I'm going to get some emerald crabs off eBay the end of this week.

I don't think it's getting any worse though.
I think it's peaked.

Ok. Old one this but I'm still suffering from the red stuff.

Last chance now. Changed all my filters in my Ro and getting 0 Tds. 2 water changes past. Let's see what happens.....

Back
Top Bottom