Red lobster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw a really nice red lobster at my LFS today. Small, about 3 inches or less in length.

Just wondering how one of these guys would fare in my 38 gallon, fish only with star/cleaner shrimp.

How big do they grow? Do they nip/eat other fish and inverts? What do they eat?

:)

I'll let the experts answer for sure but I"m confident that the lobster will eat any fish it can catch and may even try to eat inverts. IMO I'd stay away from it.

Yeah, I don't specifically know either, but I know that the freshwater lobsters are not great to keep with fish especially if they're slow moving fish 8) They have those claws for a reason, heh.

the lobster wont catch the cleaners i have two in with one !! but even though they are cool looking ya will only see them late late at night if your lucky normally i only new he was still alive cause ya will see there molts !! so kinda boring if ya ask me !!

Did it have things that make its legs look hairy? I know someone who has one like that and its over 3" in size. It hides 99% of the time though. Only time he sees his is when he feeds the tank.

I forgot to mention. In the same tank as the lobster he has a cleaner and a peppermint shrimp.

It eats what it can scavenge. Lobseters are scavengers by nature and will only turn to attack food if its not feed enough.

Back
Top Bottom