Red Pistol shrimp- cherry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought this red with some blue pistol shrimp. I do not know if it's classified as a "red" pistol or "cherry" but is big. It's about 4". I added a pearly jaw and noticed it's tail is frayed. I also have an indigo dotty back that every so often has frayed fins. A week ago I added a dracula goby that is now gone. I have not seen him since I added him a week and half ago. The inhabitants are a yellow watch man with a tiger pistol, green mandarin, black percs and a red elongated dottyback, along with the pearly jaw and indigo dotty back. I noticed no agrression, except for the the occasional picks from the clowns. Could it be this "red" pistol going after my fish?

I'm guessing one or both dottybacks are the culprits. I have a neon psuedochromis (same genus) that I had to move out of my 75. My observation was that he seemed to target other long-bodied fish like wrasses and blennies. He seemed to ignore my clowns and tang.

I'm guessing one or both dottybacks are the culprits. I have a neon psuedochromis (same genus) that I had to move out of my 75. My observation was that he seemed to target other long-bodied fish like wrasses and blennies. He seemed to ignore my clowns and tang.

I thought so, but there is no aggression between the two and actually swim together. It seems to be happening over night when the fish are sleeping

Back
Top Bottom