Red Scooter Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newreefaddict

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, I have a mandarin I have had for about 7 months and really want a red scooter blenny. I have a good pop of pods and was wondering if getting one will have any impact on my mandarin. Any thought?

never saw a red scooter. how big is your tank? besides starvation you also face territory issues, they are related and may fight

I have 75g with a 30g fuge. I believe that my pods are breeding well as every time i change my sock there are hundreds in the bottom.

I do not think that the mandarin is eating prepared food. Is there anything i can do to help that process along?

I'm not 100% sure on this but i think the scooter blenny is easier to get to eat prepared foods. Maybe you can find one that is already eating at the LFS.

What do you feed your tank? Try to feed a variety of different foods to get the mandarin eating. Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, Blood worms, cyclopeeze, ect.

right now i feed my tank every other day... mysis, brine, and blood worms. I was thinking about adding black worms to the menu but wasnt sure. I got a scooter today and REALLY like him. I dont know if any of you all have experience with them but they are really cool.

I've got one in my seahorse tank actually :) He is very awesome. He also eats like a pig, very good at hunting down the prepared foods i feed him.

Back
Top Bottom