red sea coral pro salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
would red sea coral pro salt be a waste for my softie tank. I want to try a new salt mix and was told that the red sea regular salt mix is no longer available in the small bucket so I thought I would give the coral pro a try but the price is pretty high compared to other salt mixes. what do you think???

I was using reef crystals but switched to regular IO. Seems like my alk was higher when using that so I think I will switch back to reef crystals

Hey sniperhank. Have an unrelated question. I have a BRS 4 stage ro/di system. My di filter is starting to change color from blue to brown. My water still tests 0 TDS out. Should I wait until the TDS starts going up or change it now

I use RSCP and have never had alk issues. Hank, did you have a bad batch by any chance? It is a good salt IMO. Reef crystals would be fine for a softie tank too IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey sniperhank. Have an unrelated question. I have a BRS 4 stage ro/di system. My di filter is starting to change color from blue to brown. My water still tests 0 TDS out. Should I wait until the TDS starts going up or change it now

It is fully exhausted when it is brown, and time to change it. Purchase some resin now so you have it once your TDS goes up.

I purchased the filter kit from BRS when I bought the ro unit. Should I change the sediment, carbon block and di resin all at the same time?

I purchased the filter kit from BRS when I bought the ro unit. Should I change the sediment, carbon block and di resin all at the same time?

I changed everything at the same time. Make sure you watch a video on packing the DI resin. It's easy but needs to be done correctly. The RO membrane I did not change though.

Back
Top Bottom