red sea max

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashiee2

Aquarium Advice Activist
does anyone have a red sea max 250 i jist wanna ask a few questions about the filtraion system

hard to explain . but ill try

the filter section on the left side witch has the charcole filter and the noodle stuff :) does the slidey bit always get blocked up or is there something you have changed .

i now have took the slidey bit out and added the the noodle filter .
when i first got the red sea i got told the noodle bit gets blocked really easy .

ashiee2 said:
hard to explain . but ill try

the filter section on the left side witch has the charcole filter and the noodle stuff :) does the slidey bit always get blocked up or is there something you have changed .

i now have took the slidey bit out and added the the noodle filter .
when i first got the red sea i got told the noodle bit gets blocked really easy .

Blocked? With what? Detris, algae?

And im not sure what you mean by the noodle stuff. Are you talking about an additional biological filtration?

One thing i noticed was if the media clip is slid all the wat down, water flow to the left powerhead is blocked. Thus causing a lower goh for that head because it lacks water. You can tell because it will blow out bubbles into the tank..

just blocked with algae so not enough water goes to the power head and yea air bubbles everywere.
so everyday i have to take that clip out wash it out or just put another filter in that clip .

ashiee2 said:
just blocked with algae so not enough water goes to the power head and yea air bubbles everywere.
so everyday i have to take that clip out wash it out or just put another filter in that clip .

Ok good, we know whats up. Simply dont slide the clip all the way down. That way even if there is algae, the water can pass underneath. Try that now and see if it helps. As soon as i did that, boom, water went rushing into that chamber:)

Good to have another RSM owner here Ashie. Ive been having trouble with my skimmer so you you can expect some PM's on that sometime

hahahha thank you and it is good to have another rsm guy hahaha my skimmer was a pain .im getting a new colection cup mine wasnt working the nozzle on the right of the cup for the air just kept spinning in and out so that was stuffed and just for now i have a air valve to it

ashiee2 said:
hahahha thank you and it is good to have another rsm guy hahaha my skimmer was a pain .im getting a new colection cup mine wasnt working the nozzle on the right of the cup for the air just kept spinning in and out so that was stuffed and just for now i have a air valve to it

Interesting, ya im scared to take the whole thing out! I simply am not getting any skimmate. None. And the tank has been up for 5 months

taking the hole thing out would be a pain. so you getting no foam at all . wats you ... umm **** haha the thing on the back wall were you can move it up and down .
how far down is it under the water

oh wow i thought all the way down would over skim mmm

ashiee2 said:
oh wow i thought all the way down would over skim mmm

I i feel somthing much be leaking too you know?

I was getting bubbles and foam to start. Then i tried to empty the cup (had a hard time and sorta failed) and ever since it hasnt worked well. I think i screwed it up :(

ohhh could be . have you trued to open the air up all the way and still no foam

Back
Top Bottom