redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jlsardina said:
Does he have a feather duster on him?

I know a few of mine do- it almost looks similar to their feathers

I don't know, they almost look like a bunch of little ones on the front of his sheep.

On another note, my Feather Duster has been "shedding" some of the dusters, is that normal? How do I fix it?

Thanks

How are those snails helping you out with algae? I may need a few for my diatoms. Btw, your tank is Really pretty. I like the xenon a lot. How big is the feather duster you have that's losing its feathers? I dont think that's normal.

It's normal for them to shed feathers and even drop their crown of they are not happy. They grow back.

Jlsardina said:
It's normal for them to shed feathers and even drop their crown of they are not happy. They grow back.

They're also gonna drop their crown if the are reproducing. A new worm will stay in the tube and the old will crawl off and make a new tube.

Jlsardina said:
They're also gonna drop their crown if the are reproducing. A new worm will stay in the tube and the old will crawl off and make a new tube.

Wow, cool!

So mine is unhappy?

Attachments

• image-1655546364.jpg
    image-1655546364.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 93
redsea said:
Wow, cool!

So mine is unhappy?

Well it could be unhappy if fish are picking at it or if it's in too much flow- have an algae grazers nipping at it? Tangs? Or recently move your powerhead or rocks around? How long have you had the feather duster?

Jlsardina said:
Well it could be unhappy if fish are picking at it or if it's in too much flow- have an algae grazers nipping at it? Tangs? Or recently move your powerhead or rocks around? How long have you had the feather duster?

Nope, nothing has changed in the tank since I put in in mid-October. I also don't have anybody nipping at it. Thanks for the help!

Would my lighting be sufficient for Candy canes?

The label says they are 2 55w T5 compact fl.

redsea said:
Cool, thank you! I think I remember seeing some cool looking neon greenish ones, I really liked them.

Those are kryptonite candy corals. I have some. They look awesome under the blues

Back
Top Bottom