redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there something wrong with my zoas.....there seems to be a lot of white on them.

Attachments

• image-1333850656.jpg
    image-1333850656.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 117
Also my BW has had one eye bulging for a little while now. I think it may be popeye????? If it is, when will it go away? Thanks!

When you say white on the zoas do you mean white balls? That means it's probably zoa pox and even dipping them in coral rx or what have you doesn't work.

Updated FTS! I still have what seems to be ich...... If I setup a QT, do I need to let it cycle? Thank you!

Attachments

• image-3375184509.jpg
    image-3375184509.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 130
Great start! Whats that red thing on the right hand side? A shrimp? I liek how you can actually see fish in the shot, my FTS's dont always show any fish in it LOL

You planning on adding anymore rock? It could use a few more lbs. :)

Great start! Whats that red thing on the right hand side? A shrimp? I liek how you can actually see fish in the shot, my FTS's dont always show any fish in it LOL

You planning on adding anymore rock? It could use a few more lbs. :)

Thank you! Yes, I hope to add more rock! It will look much more realistic! I am also working on coral for this tank. Do you think it is ok to add coral while I am trying to get rid of ich? The first thing I am going to try is doing some more water changes and maybe trying try garlic food method. Also I was wondering, is it possible that Cleaner Shrimps can get rid of the ich? I was looking to add a few more anyways before I got ich. (Also I know that it really isn't called ich, but I just realized that a few seconds ago LOL). The red thing is actually a algae clip that fell. It never sticks to the side of the tank for more that a few minutes. That's ok though, because my snails can still get to it. Thanks for your input!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the ich most likely will not just go away. :-( The only tried and true way to remove it is to take out the fish and treat them in a QT and let your tank sit empty for 6-8 weeks. The ich may drop off the fish but then its busy multiplying in and on the sand just waiting for your fish to swim by.

Not sure if I linked this already but it shows the life stages of ich so you can see what it's really doing

Marine Ich or White Spot Disease

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the ich most likely will not just go away. :-( The only tried and true way to remove it is to take out the fish and treat them in a QT and let your tank sit empty for 6-8 weeks. The ich may drop off the fish but then its busy multiplying in and on the sand just waiting for your fish to swim by.

Not sure if I linked this already but it shows the life stages of ich so you can see what it's really doing

Marine Ich or White Spot Disease

Ok, so what equipment is really needed for a QT tank? Do you have any filters you reccomend? How should I got about cycling it? :thanks:

Another thing it though of was, could I just take the coral out and put it in my 55g? Then treat the DT? Or would that kill my LR? Thanks.

I will be at Petco in a few minutes, I will probably look at the fish, and buy some new reading material :). Don't worry I am not buying any fish, just looking.

Here is my new Cleaner Shrimp I got yesterday! :)

Attachments

• image-3877338240.jpg
    image-3877338240.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 93
Yay cleaner shrimp! i love those guys but I can't put anymore in my 125g as I have a shimp killer in there. lol Looking good!

Ihad five once, and then the mystery killer took them all out and the peppermints too. :-( still not sure if its my yellow tang or my watchman goby LOL I do have one in my biocube though, at least I have that . :-D

Back
Top Bottom