redsea's 34g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Xenia is composed of several very different varieties. Some can crash by looking at it crossly, some varieties can survive almost anything. My common pulse Xenia stopped pulsing in my main reef tank, but when moved to the algae scrubber/refugium, it started to pulse again. Go figure.

Gregcoyote said:
Xenia is composed of several very different varieties. Some can crash by looking at it crossly, some varieties can survive almost anything. My common pulse Xenia stopped pulsing in my main reef tank, but when moved to the algae scrubber/refugium, it started to pulse again. Go figure.

Haha, you would think he would like it better in the aquarium, I guess not, LOL. Do you know what kind mine is? Thanks.

Some pictures of the Feather Duster!

Attachments

• image-1135410229.jpg
    image-1135410229.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image-207977471.jpg
    image-207977471.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 70
Not bad! My lfs has some for $15 but they are much smaller. I'm still a little hesitant to try another one since the worm crawled out of my first one and has never been seen again. :-( I'm not sure if the tangs were nibbling on it or not....

Your tank is coming along really nicely btw....good acquisitions so far.

Not bad! My lfs has some for $15 but they are much smaller. I'm still a little hesitant to try another one since the worm crawled out of my first one and has never been seen again. :-( I'm not sure if the tangs were nibbling on it or not....

Your tank is coming along really nicely btw....good acquisitions so far.
Thanks a lot! I say try another, maybe yours was kept in bad conditions at the LFS.

Mine are $19.99 as well. I have two. The one's tube was really far out and the fish would pick at it. Finally when his original tube had expanded back about 10 inches or so I carefully took the old tube off and he is now happy with a tube that is glued to the rock! Happy as ever!

I have a lot of shrimp, LOL. This is number 4

Attachments

• image-3797824301.jpg
    image-3797824301.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1716478269.jpg
    image-1716478269.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image-779401303.jpg
    image-779401303.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-531099853.jpg
    image-531099853.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 92
I love shrimp! I would have a whole tank of them if i could...hmmm could that be my NEXT build, a shrimp only tank? LOL

Rock looks good too, I like fresh new base rock it looks so awesome.

I love shrimp! I would have a whole tank of them if i could...hmmm could that be my NEXT build, a shrimp only tank? LOL

Rock looks good too, I like fresh new base rock it looks so awesome.

Thank you very much! I think a shrimp tank would looks really nice, you should do it!

On another note, I have my one moonlight on, do you think that is ok? Or will it stress out the shrimp? Thanks.

My coral banded shrimp never comes out in the daylight but the peppermints and cleaner in my cube could care less if its night or day, they are always on the move. lol

My coral banded shrimp never comes out in the daylight but the peppermints and cleaner in my cube could care less if its night or day, they are always on the move. lol

My Peppermint is a scaredy-cat, I see him rarely, LOL. Maybe it is becuase he is the only Peppermint in there, he is a little smaller too. My Cleaners are like your though, they never hide! They are very active!

Is your Coral Banded in your 125 gallon?

Yep, the single coral banded is the only shrimp I have in the 125g. I HAD 5 cleaners and 3 peppermints but they were mysteriously killed off, most of them before the coral banded was put in so it's either my yellow tang or the watchman goby. LOL

I have 3 peppermints in the cube and one cleaner, the peppermints love to play around all over the rocks and the sand too. if I dare feed them they go crazy! hehe

I also have 2 peppermints in my 20g too, those guys are always always behind the rockwork so unless I look back there you wouldnt even know they were in the tank. lol

I'd like to get a fire shrimp for the cube too, just kinda turned off by the $35 price tag, thats crazy money for a shrimp!

I think your mystery killer may be the watchman, I thought I read in one of my books that once they get big enough they may snack on ornamental shrimps.

You're right, Fire Shrimp are expensive. The one I got was $35.00, but the owner knows me and I go there all the time so I got it for $30.00. :)

Back
Top Bottom