Reef and DSB goby or blenny??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggen

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

I need some help picking a fish. Since my clowns have decided to play "attack the coral beauty", I am having to take him back to the LFS. They told me they would trade him in for just about any fish I wanted (within reason of course).

So I am really looking for a DSB and reef safe goby or blenny. Is there such a thing? It is important that the fish not burrow into the sand as, according to Dr. Ron, this is a no no when keeping a DSB. Any suggestions?

The other fish I have are two ocellaris Clowns, one yellow tail Damsel, and one Royal Gramma.

I have a bi-color blenny and love him :D He has a great personailty and never digs in my DSB. He's always swimming from hole to hole in the LR and spying on me or whoever else is sitting in front of the tank. He is generally very peaceful except when something invades his little hole that he's in.

Cool! I do like the bi-colors. I'll check with my LFS today to see if I can get one. Anyone else?

Scooter Blenny

I have a scooter blenny. He scuttles around the tank eating pods. Kinda like a prehistoric birdlike fish with a dragon fin on top. Way cool - very entertaining. Doesn't bother my coral or polyps.

Lawnmower blennies have great personality, imo. Clown gobies are great too.

Scooter blenny but only if they are eating prepared foods from the LFs.. Watchman Goby Now those are cool and pretty common.. Mine doesnt dig just kinda sits there.. Didnt you get a Goby of some sorts with your LR? I would stay away from the Lawnmower if you ever want to keep clams.. they are known for nipping them..

HTH<
James

Well I went to the LFS and they are getting some Bicolors in later this week so I may pick one of those up. They had a ton of lawnmowers already there, but I was going for a more colorful fish than the mower.

I was looking at the watchman but all the reading I have done said they do dig. I guess it is just up to the fish in the end. If they happen to get a watchmen in, I may get that instead. I can always trade it out so its not really a big deal.

I never got a Goby before, James. Must be someone else you are thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom