Reef Sump/Fuge Help! Pleeeeease!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sell the 55 and stand for a good 75 gallon stand.....or.....build one custom. It's not all that hard to build one but it is fairly difficult to build a really nice one. I'd personally take the couch for a few nights and get a stand :) Wouldnt be the first time mine pushed me out with the dogs on the fold out couch :lol: Never get Joint accounts haha. I'm slowly trying to build me a stash acount just for my saltwater addiction :brows:

Lmfao I'm joint on hers so she can cut me off at any moment lol no but I've been thinking about it for a while now, either keep one and sell the other, or sell both and get me a 72g bow front to match my 36g bow front or really bite the bullet and get a 155g reef ready bow front :D I don't know yet but the 72g would be pretty cool actually.

Just keep in mind the cost of maintenance on a large aquarium. If you build another tank I highly HIGHLY recommend getting a RODI filter system for top offs and mixing of your own SW. Makes life much easier and is cheaper in the long run. Also i wouldn't trust anyone to make my water for me lol I keep my filters changed out and if its not showing 0 TDS it doesn't enter my systems and goes down the drain

+1. Cleaning the front glass on my 72g bf is an absolute pain... Cant even use a magfloat

But I use a magfloat on my 36g bow front now with minor issues I just have to probably do twice the scrubbing on the front glass but oh well just a thought lol I'm kinda tired of 4ft flat tanks if someone made a 5ft that would be awesome but the next one up is a 125g and I definitely think I'm not ready for that size of tank at all yet.

Just keep in mind the cost of maintenance on a large aquarium. If you build another tank I highly HIGHLY recommend getting a RODI filter system for top offs and mixing of your own SW. Makes life much easier and is cheaper in the long run. Also i wouldn't trust anyone to make my water for me lol I keep my filters changed out and if its not showing 0 TDS it doesn't enter my systems and goes down the drain

Is it possible to get a sink rodi system remember I live in an apartment and I can't really install a system.

Is it possible to get a sink rodi system remember I live in an apartment and I can't really install a system.

Yes as long as your faucet has a threaded spout you can do it that way. They even make fitting adapters for a garden hose.

Im right there with you on bowfronts tex( considering i have one lol) i i could trade my 125 for a 180 bow id do it in a heart beat... And id be kicking myself everytime i clean the front glass

Im right there with you on bowfronts tex( considering i have one lol) i i could trade my 125 for a 180 bow id do it in a heart beat... And id be kicking myself everytime i clean the front glass

Hell yeah I wanted a 155 or a 180 reef ready forever, I think its the mystique of a bow'd front that gives a large scale aquarium feel, but I don't have $1k to drop on a tank atm or else I'd be living in the tank myself right now lmao.

I like that space saver and the price too, but is it just me or are they measured in Gallons Per Day..? Lol

No lol it's not you lol that's how it is they have some that do more GPD but they cost more and have more stages I think they also have a four stage 100gpd but I'm not sure.

One is a three stage and the other is four one have the di risen the other dont.

so which is better? ro, or, rodi..? ill be topping off and mixing water changes with this puppy so whichever one is the best for a budget ill get it.

Back
Top Bottom