Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David S said:
a huge one lol

Actually I was just going to do a 10g, I just need some suggestion for like coral. Anemones etc and also I'm using FW equipment

Well if your just setting up the tank it won't be stable for any corals and anemones for while. You tank has to be very established and whatever fresh water light you have won't be strong enough for them to live.

Just.A.Bit.Salty said:
Well if your just setting up the tank it won't be stable for any corals and anemones for while. You tank has to be very established and whatever fresh water light you have won't be strong enough for them to live.

I was going to let the tank run for a week and what light is strong enough?

Most would suggest the tank to be up for a year before adding anything like this. It will be two to four weeks before the tank is even cycled and you can't even add a fish until the tank the cycled. Reef is recommend three to five watts per gallon for the light depending on what kind of corals you want in there. I would HIGHLY suggest going a little bigger for the tank size. At least a 30 gallon if that is all you can afford. Smaller tanks (as funny as it may sound) usually requires a more experienced person. Now if you do a 10 gallon you probably don't have to wait a year lol but still a good amount of time maybe 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom