Reef Water Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok there may be some science to answer my question but I would like to know what you (AA) think about what time you should do your water changes on your reef tank. Do any of you swear by any specific time like at lights on, midday, or before lights out? Maybe someone does midnight changes? lol. Also as I said in the beginning, if any of you have any fact or science as to what period of the day would be optimal for a water change and why the info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks AA :)

I've done them at different times for 25 years and never saw any adverse effects. So any time is a good time imo

tonedogz said:
I've done them at different times for 25 years and never saw any adverse effects. So any time is a good time imo

Good to know. I find myself having to do water changes right before lights out a lot of times.

Mrc8858 said:
Good to know. I find myself having to do water changes right before lights out a lot of times.

I work might shift so most of the time I am playing all day with the kids, then go to work, get home and that's my time to do tank work lol.

Back
Top Bottom