ReefCleaners Acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenturtle

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting a large ReefCleaners shipment in at about 4:00 today. I saw on the website that they recommended just putting the bag in the tank for 15 minutes and then putting the animals in. Should I do the drip acclimation? I'm just not sure they will cover deaths if I do that.

Greenturtle said:
I'm getting a large ReefCleaners shipment in at about 4:00 today. I saw on the website that they recommended just putting the bag in the tank for 15 minutes and then putting the animals in. Should I do the drip acclimation? I'm just not sure they will cover deaths if I do that.

I had a large order and I did their acclimation and didn't lose anything. My emerald crab is big and healthy, snails perfect. U should be fine.

Cool :) I drip acclimated a pair of free hermits I got from the LFS a few days ago and they are fine (you got one crab per fish, maximum 2. Great deal)

Yep, temperature accliamtion is fine for those critters. i have yet to have a doa or lose one from reefcleaners. :-D

Awesome. I paid $54 for it, with free shipping. Awesome deal, and the owner periodically was emailing me about it, since I ordered it right before Irene (it can't be that bad, can it? Famous last words...) and we agreed on a date to ship. Then he gave me a 10 percent off coupon for the order (but I was already using the 10percent one on the homepage) maybe I will use it for another order. The owner seemed very friendly and had great customer support. If it arrives well, I will definitely order from them again :)

Greenturtle said:
Awesome. I paid $54 for it, with free shipping. Awesome deal, and the owner periodically was emailing me about it, since I ordered it right before Irene (it can't be that bad, can it? Famous last words...) and we agreed on a date to ship. Then he gave me a 10 percent off coupon for the order (but I was already using the 10percent one on the homepage) maybe I will use it for another order. The owner seemed very friendly and had great customer support. If it arrives well, I will definitely order from them again :)

I just made a 2nd order through them. John is great and on top of everything. Also, check out their base rock, it's very nice!!!

John goes out of his way to make the customer happy. I've emailed him abotu rock and macro algae and he's always gotten back to me within a short amount of time. i was thinking I needed all this crazy macro algae for my refugium but he told me nope, just the basics and saved me a bunch of money. Thats a sign of a proper business, not just selling for the sake of making a buck.

Thats why I keep going back and recommend them every chance I get.

If you ordered the crew for your tank size though, youre gonna be really surprised at the count of the crew. It's always like double what it should be. Youre gonna have snail and crabs galore!

Oh no I ordered a 45 w/hermit quick crew for my 76 gallon because I have heard that before Carey :)

Nice. Glad you took my advice. You'll understand when your order arrives. LOL You can always order more as your tank establishes itself. :)

I was planning on naming my pair of Hermits as they have characteristics but I guess that won't work with 11 new ones LOL

I just did :) I'm in VA hopefully Irene didn't mess with it. But it was shipped Tues so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm extremely PO'd at reefcleaners right now. They said that they would ship it on Tuesday. I ordered express mail, since I am getting hermit crabs. By about 6:00, I was getting a little worried about it, so I sent John an email at about 7:00 for a tracking code. No reply. It is 9:25 PM here and still no package. They didn't send me an email about it being late. I have spent all day inside for this, and nothing. No note on the door in case I missed it telling me to come pick it up. Absolutely nothing. I'm sorry Carey but this is not something I will order from again.

Trust me, John will get back to u. It might have been fedex/ups fault, not theirs. Check ur emails again to see if u got a tracking #. or u can log back in the site and look it up. Maybe Irene played a role. May I ask what day u ordered ur stuff on?

Yeah, I;ve ordered a few times and never ever had an issue. In fact they sent me the wrong 5 hermits once and not only did he refund me he promised free shipping on my next order.

I ordered on the 27th, knowing that they would ship on Monday/Tuesday. And Irene hasn't hit where I live hard AT ALL. I heard one neighborhood a few miles away didn't have power for like 20 minutes, but that was it. Knowing me, I still will probably order from them, I just will be a little more suspicious. But I forgive easily.

Greenturtle said:
I ordered on the 27th, knowing that they would ship on Monday/Tuesday. And Irene hasn't hit where I live hard AT ALL. I heard one neighborhood a few miles away didn't have power for like 20 minutes, but that was it. Knowing me, I still will probably order from them, I just will be a little more suspicious. But I forgive easily.

Just let John know. Promise he will take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom