ReefCon Pro Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cweaks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently downloaded, and am in the trial period, of a software package called ReefCon Pro by Infinity Software. www.infinitysoft.net/ReefCon/Pro So far, it more than meets my needs. However, I did have a few questions for their support group and have written them two emails. support@infinitysoft.net I wrote the first one on 6/24, and the second on 6/27. To date, I have not received any acknowledgement from them, not even a robot acknowledgement. I am wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this company. The package is not very expensive, $19.00 for a one-time load, $32.00 for lifetime upgrades. I just don’t like to spend anything unless I can count on support for the product.

ReefCon 2000

Yes, I tried the freeware version sometime back. I forget now why, but for some reason I didn't like it that well. The Pro, as they say, is a completely different product. But it's been a couple of years, and right now, I can't remember what the differences are. ReefCon Pro is really far more than I need, but in being so, it covers almost everything that I do need. The only thing I don't like about it, and it could make a difference as to whether I purchase it or not, is there doesn't seem to be a way to keep a journal or notes except as part of each individual fish record. I like to just jot down thoughts and ideas, and I would like for that to be attached to the rest of the maintenance records.

Actually I did attempt to respond to your concerns however the replies I sent came back to us as undeliverable. If you are having problems please don't hesitate to contact us at support@infinitysoft.net. You may also want to double check your email settings.

FRom my understanding the company had Very bad Email virus issues that were supposed to have gotten resolved.. YOu should be able to email them as of now... However if I were you and purchased I would go with the lifetime product as the sigle version just includes the one you have on your pc now and no upgrades to the software.. I have decided to switch to the reefcon "free" due to the no support factor..

HTH<
James

I would have to say that there are free ones out there that I found to be simple and less work... I also, could never get Reefcon to work correctly.. The database bites the big one to me... I get so many errors that the program creates, that I gave up on it.. I also emailed them and it took 2 months to get a reply. The email virus thing is an excuse that they are pulling... Their support is no good.. I was told by them that it was my operating system. I told them they were wrong, tht it was their program.. They said it worked fine on their systems and I tested it on evry major operating system with the same result..95,98,ME, 2000 Pro, XP and they all do the same thing... Not to mention, the updater doesn't work.. The continued to offer no support so, being as I ordered the CD, took it out back squirted Lighter fluid on it and burnt it in effigy. I will not support their company for nothing ever again... :twisted:

I will not support their company for nothing ever again...
Agreed very much.. It is not a company that is going to make it in this age with CS like that..

James

I would like to point out that cmpenney is a representive of the company and should be able to confirm if the e-mail virus story was correct or just an internet rumor.

BTW Cpenny is the one that answered that but his email comes back undeliverable now.. BTW this is the email back from him after emailing for months and months..

"-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 7:58 PM
To: James
Subject: RE: Disappointed Please Read

I don't recall receiving any questions from you however, We have been
hammered by virus emails badly for the last several months and our
attempts
to block them
May have cause your mail to be deleted. I truly apologize for not answe
ing
your questions.

HTH<