Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkociban

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am planning on making a refugium this weekend. I wanted to know what would be the cheapest way to make it and what would I need. I already have the tank but that's it. Would My main tank need to be drilled?

They sell hob refugiums that ive personally never used but its like a big hob filter. Some have drilled and some have overflow boxs for a refugium. When I had mine I had a trickle filter with an detached refugium.

What all do I need to build one? If I have to drill my tank I'm not doing it.

You don't have to drill the tank its just the preferred and safest method. You can buy a HOB overflow which I did have a spare one I coulda gave ya but it got hacked up and made into frag racks haha. Just make sure you get something with the appropriate gph rating for your tank and then a pump to match.

You don't have to drill the tank its just the preferred and safest method. You can buy a HOB overflow which I did have a spare one I coulda gave ya but it got hacked up and made into frag racks haha. Just make sure you get something with the appropriate gph rating for your tank and then a pump to match.

Ok I'll probably start buying that stuff this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom