Refugium and wet/dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rvosburgh82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is the design for my wet/dry Refugium. Let me know what you guys would change or add. Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421705676.103578.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's easy. If you follow the pound per gallon rule with live rock, you have no need for a wet/dry. As for the mud, stuff is worthless and never been proven to be anything besides mud from someone's garden.

The jury is still out for me on the mud, bare bottom or live sand. I guess I meant more does everything look functional.

The wet/dry was my first filtration when I set the tank up. It stays because the sand was built around. Unless of course someone wants to come move my tanks, take apart my stand and move it for me. :)

So, drive up to Meadville and leave with tanks ;-) But if you are dead set on a wet/dry, live rock rubble is usually a better go than bioballs from what I've read.

You do not need another pump at the refugium. Just elevate it then drill a hole and add a strainer for overflow. I use a sturdy plastic container and it works fine. Your plumbing configuration may not work effectively though. If the overflow pipe is straight down you will only get a trickle to the fuge even valve is fully open.

You do not need another pump at the refugium. Just elevate it then drill a hole and add a strainer for overflow. I use a sturdy plastic container and it works fine. Your plumbing configuration may not work effectively though. If the overflow pipe is straight down you will only get a trickle to the fuge even valve is fully open.

That plumbing configuration in the refugium will NEVER work in fact. You will never be able to EXACTLY match the return from the refugium to the wet/dry filter to the overflow feed to the refugium. Fortunately, as Jeff says the pump is not needed at all.

Back
Top Bottom