Refugium HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitetiprs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to be getting a used 10 gal tank and want to use it for a refuge for my 46 gal tank. The tank will be a reef tank eventualy. I know that my tank can not be drilled becasue it is all tempered glass so I would need an overflow box. What would be a good overflow box and return pump to use? I also would like to put my skimmer in there as well so what would be a good way to set up the baffles? I will still be using my two PH in the tank so can the flow rate through the refuge be lower? Any help would be great. thanks

I'd go with a small U tube overflow that would handle up to 600 gph. I think that's about the smallest one available anyway. I'd probably use either a Mag 5 or Mag 7 return pump. I would have the skimmer in the first chamber with the skimmer return dumping into the second chamber. I'd have one baffle between the skimmer/drain area and the fuge area. Then I'd probably have two baffles between the fuge and the return pump...water would flow over the first and under the second...that would give you some bubble control. JMHO. All this is going to be a tight fit in a 10g tank though.

Back
Top Bottom