refugium plumbing ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my refug on top of my canopy. I pump water from sump to refug and then it gravity feeds back to main tank.(which is about a foot and a half drop) The problem im haveing is when the water enters the tank it makes alot of small bubbles that pop and are causing alot of salt creep in canopy. I ve had the pipe underneith the water ive had it above when water goes back into the tank still get the bubbles. Ive installed a valve to slow down water flow but i still get the bubbles. Any one have anyideas ???

Thanks in advance Dewey

You appear to be causing a waterfall effect in your return pipe, which would cause small bubbles.

Can you provide pictures so we can see what can be done?

this is the 55 gallon tank and you made the fuge right !?!?!? you posted pics about a month ago ???

try this !! add a T to the end of your return but instead of it being horizonal make it so it vertical and the top of the T being an inch or so over the water line and the end down a few inches this way the air can only escape out the top and let the water flow down !! this should work if ya have the room !!

Back
Top Bottom