Refugium question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
I set up our 75g to drain over a trickle filter/bio balls then enter the refugium then the skimmer and then it returns to the tank . Is this setup beneficial to the reef??

everyone I know that has a refugium has that kind of set up. but they dont usually use bioballs. I dont think it would be an issue though.

crister13 said:
Actually most people put the skimmer first then the fuge.

Is it a big deal that it has the fuge then skimmer, I was thinking if there was anything the fuge missed then the skimmer would break it down, am I thinking about this wrong?

crister13 said:
Usually it's skimmer first. If the fuge is first I believe more crap will settle there.

Check out my setup overflows goes into skimmer compartment then over baffle into main sump then the main sump pumps back to dt and also tees to the fuge this allows control over flow to fuge ,flow through fuge is very important

Attachments

• _2.facebook_55152.jpg
    _2.facebook_55152.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 74
Yeah. you dont want the water crashing down on the fuge and stirring everything up. Also, all the bad stuff will be hitting tje fuge first. You shpild skim forst and split the return to head to the fuge separately.

Back
Top Bottom