Refugium question????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have that but I want to ask is it good to have critters in there, I've never put anything in there and now there are living organisms it even looks like a feather duster appeared out of nowhere

Hondachico said:
I have that but I want to ask is it good to have critters in there, I've never put anything in there and now there are living organisms it even looks like a feather duster appeared out of nowhere

Yeah a lot of hobbyists put pods etc in there fuge.

Ok cool just wanted to make sure my refugium was going the right direction

Some put inverts in it to keep algea down and stir the sand of you have a dsb.

You want algae to grow in the fuge so you shouldn't have any inverts haha. That's the whole purpose of a fuge. To grow algae and to allow small animals to reside in (pods, worms, etc). The only thing I would put in a fuge is something to eat any crap that gets in like a serpent star or nassarius snails.

The other night when the fuge light was on I looked down and it was pretty cool to see life down there

What is this?

Attachments

• image-333183329.jpg
    image-333183329.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 92
Hocky puck said:
Hitch hiker

Must have been, that rock was in my tank for about 5 months and then I got some of it and broke it off and then put it in the fuge

Back
Top Bottom