Remora generating microbubbles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am very happy with my Remora I got a couple weeks ago, but it spits out microbubbles.

The only thing I can come up with research wise is that Remoras spit out microbubbles when there is something weird in the water, etc. but my params are great and it just sits there happily generating bubbles anyway.

I have read that the surface skimmer boxes are useful for preventing microbubbles with Remoras; and also that it's necessary sometimes to cut the surface water intake slots lower if you're someone like me that waits until the water is 1" low before topping off with a drip feed. Otherwise it will suck air when the water level drops a little.

55, 1.025, 82F, trates/trites 0, amm 0, 65lbs LR.

The ones I am using here quit making bubbles after a few weeks. Once the inside of the skimmer gets a good slime coating, the microbubbles should start to disappear. I'd give it a couple or three more weeks before I did anything.

I've had mine for about a month, maybe a little longer and it is still generating microbubbles in the tank. I don't have room for a surface skimmer box, so I made my own microbubble catcher ;) I use the bottom half fo a small filter cartridge sleeve slid onto the output ramp. I use a piece of tubing to hold it open a hair and it removes alot of the micro bubbles, you just need to remember to clean it or replace it at least weekly.

Thanks guys, that helps. I've been stuffing filter floss in here and there, hanging the floss across the exhaust etc, but the cartridge sleeve thing is a good idea.

logan I will give it some more time too and look forward to the slime helping out. 8)

Even though their manual said it would age in only a couple of weeks, mine took a little longer.

Reefrunners idea seems to be a good solution until it fully ages.

Back
Top Bottom