Remora Pro noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I installed today my Remora Pro skimmer. My question is does the spray noise stay the same or does it get more quiet as it breaks in?
Thanks

Hmmm... I didn't think the Aqua C Remora Pro was venturi... isn't it spray injection?

I had a venturi and the thing was LOUD... went with my Euro-reef with needle-wheel design and I can't hear it. :p

did you get the rio pump or the mag 3? The mag 3 is alot quieter. It quiets over time but the mag will always be quieter.

It's not a venturi.

I recently bought the same skimmer... maybe 7 days old... it's quieting down a bit, but will never be silent.

I got the MAG3 pump and my wife is not a happy camper :(
I hope it get a bit more quiet.

Thanks,
Don

Yeah the unit is a bit noisy and I find myself having to turn up the TV volume a bit to hear it over the remora pro. The noise is not much of an issue to me though, especially since this is a truly remarkable skimmer. I have the mag 3 pump on it and find myself emptying a full cup of murky skimmate a day. I can not believe the skimmate this thing produces, it is remarkable. Plus it keeps my tank water sparkly clean.

I was about to get the pre-filter but I don't know now. I want ALL the bubbles gone. Did you use the sponge inside? Have you seen an improvement?
My tank is a 55 and I would prefer to use it 24/7.
I think I need to contact the manufacturer. Perhaps I have a dud. Most people rave about it.

Back
Top Bottom