Remora Pro not skimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Remora Pro with Mag3 and I have yet to see it create any good skimate. It has been running for almost 2 weeks and it just produces cloudy water. Is it possible that my bio load is too light? I have no fish and only a couple of urchins, liverock and a mantis shrimp or two... there are also a few very tiny crabs on the live rock. I am feeding about half a cube each of formula1/formula2 and a small chunk of frozen brine shrimp every other day.

The plastic is coated with gunk and I get cloudy water in the collection cup. I was at a LFS store today and saw a dang seaclone with a collection cup full of skimate. It was not producing half the bubbles mine does.

Not sure what to do.

-E

If you have no fish and your live rock is cured your not going to be getting much of anything because there is basicly no bioload in the tank.

Once you get some fish inthere it will start producing. Dont expect to have to empty the cup every day or anything like that. With a moderate fish load a cup would expect to fill up once every 3 or 4 days IMO.

You can also adjust the collection cup down if you want by rasing the rubber gasket on the collection cup. This will make the skimmer less efficent by having a lighter color skim in the cup but it will give you something to collect. Once you start getting a browner color in the cup rase the collection cup a little at a time until the liquid is a very dark tea color.

Back
Top Bottom