RemoraC Causing Microbubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emricson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just recently setup my tank about 2 weeks ago, and I am still seeing micro-bubbles everywhere. The only thing that is running on the tank is a RemoraC skimmer and two PH. Do I need to adjust the valve on the skimmer?

When I was watching the skimmer the microbubbles seem to be coming from the water return. I have the prefilter for the RemoraC so do I need to adjust it so that the return runs directly into the second chamber. Right now there is a slight space between and I think that the space is causing the bubbles. Thanks for the help.

It will stop just give the skimmer a few weeks to slime up. The bubbles are harmless.

The run off does fall into the chamber, but there is like 1/8 inch space between the bottom lip of the return and the top of the pre-skimmer. It looks like this

_______________ Bottom of return
Space were water is falling
_____________ top of pre-skimmer

So my question is should I submirse the bottom of the return into the pre-skimmer w/o any space in between. Thanks for the help.

my water outlet has no space... Wait till your sponge gets some "stuff" in it and the water level will rise and you'll be set !

Although I was not the original poster, I was following this thread back in December, because my Aqua C Remora skimmer is also causing many micro bubbles. After Darin said give it a month, I decided to wait and see what happens.

It has been over a month and I am still full of micro bubbles. It seems the micro bubbles initiate with the skimmer. Then I have 2 maxi jet 1200s that must suck them in and they have a burst of more micro bubbles every minute or so (maybe after they build up in there). The maxi that is further from the skimmer does it less frequently and the one by it does it more.

Any suggestion? They are annoying and make the tank appear less clear. Yesterday we cleaned up the tank a little and moved the Maxi's as far as possible from the skimmer, but it is still happening.

TIA
DJ

I also purchased a Remora Pro from Darin recently. It has been running for 4 days in my recently setup SW tank. All it does is produce micro bubbles. I haven't gotten any skimmate yet. How long does it take for these things to produce skimmate? The microbubbles are annoying because once in a while they build up and my filter output shoots a bunch of them out into the tank. They go away quickly, but its still annoying to see that happening.

Mine is skimming like crazy. I do think that took a few days. I empty it every few days and it is full of yucky greenish water.

DJ

How low do you set your collection cup? The bubbles in the skimmer are only traveling about halfway up the tube leading to the collection area. I'm getting worried that my aquac unit is a dud.

The collection cup is set a little less than 1/2 way down. Initially we just got foam in the tube, then a little later came the green water.

DJ

My aquac remora took almost two weeks to produce skimmate. Its now into the 4th week, the skimmer works fine, and the micro bubbles are almost gone.

Back
Top Bottom