Rescaping Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which scape do you prefer the first pic or second?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120904_202422.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_202422.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 122
  • ForumRunner_20120904_202453.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_202453.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 114
Better first pic.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120904_202735.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_202735.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 128
I like the second one better. This is one of those questions if you had 10 different pics then you would get 10 different answers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

melosu58 said:
I like the second one better. This is one of those questions if you had 10 different pics then you would get 10 different answers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree with 58, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like then who cares right? You have to stare at it all the time. Now with that being said....

For me, I like the second one better then the first. BUT....

I'd like to see rocks on each side. One side higher then the other, then for the center I like the little thing you going on so you can incorporate it into that scape. Like a bridge of corals and at the same time gaining a awesome tunnel and together giving the tank depth and the appearance of being bigger.

I think it would open the tank up but yet give it a bigger look. You'll gain some more room on the sand bed also for maybe a nice garden of zoas or brains, you get the point.

Don't get me wrong the tank looks awesome bro. Just being honest. I'd want someone to tell me the truth instead of always hearing the same thing lol. I know you know where I'm coming from and you know I respect you a lot.

EDIT:

Also wanted to add the right side looks shadowed and may prevent some awesome coral choices and the right side looks like it could hold a lot more rock. After looking at it again and again and yes... Again. I'd stack the right side high as well.

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
I agree with 58, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like then who cares right? You have to stare at it all the time. Now with that being said....

For me, I like the second one better then the first. BUT....

I'd like to see rocks on each side. One side higher then the other, then for the center I like the little thing you going on so you can incorporate it into that scape. Like a bridge of corals and at the same time gaining a awesome tunnel and together giving the tank depth and the appearance of being bigger.

I think it would open the tank up but yet give it a bigger look. You'll gain some more room on the sand bed also for maybe a nice garden of zoas or brains, you get the point.

Don't get me wrong the tank looks awesome bro. Just being honest. I'd want someone to tell me the truth instead of always hearing the same thing lol. I know you know where I'm coming from and you know I respect you a lot.

Trust me no offense ever taken from your opinions that's why I called on you lol. I'm slowly in the process of rebuilding my entire tank actually. The large stack is the original stack which is proving difficult to reset not that my corals have encrusted so much. To give you an idea ill post the evolution of rockwork in my tank haha. My endgoal when I begin the transfer to the larger tanks is a design with many pillars and arches with a minimal footprint to give it a magrove root system look if you can picture what I'm saying. The new glued arch is the first step in that process which I'm on the hunt for a 155 bf which is proving extremely difficult to find lmao.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120904_212915.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_212915.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 87
  • ForumRunner_20120904_212953.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_212953.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20120904_213048.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_213048.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20120904_213214.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_213214.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20120904_213352.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_213352.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 89
Sniperhank said:
Dude...you are covered in coraline, I'm jealous. Mine is growing sooo slow. Its great brother.

Thank you! I love the coraline but it sure can become a nuisance along the sandbed and up the corners lol

What helped me with making a pillared look in my tank is not using fiji rock. I stuck with caribbean LR in both tanks. It is all pretty long and thin, rather than just a large rock full of holes. They made great base rocks though. Maybe I just got lucky though. In my last order off saltwaterfish.com, the larger rocks still had that look.

Personally, I still really like the last one where you made the piece in the middle. Are you able to do a similar with any of the rocks you have piled? You might want to look at putting some of the rocks on their sides too so you can keep things going high.

The only problem is the rocks on the left side that are huge have corals encrusted on to them now so moving them is proving to be VERY difficult. When I upgrade I may just take a chisel to all those rocks to split them up and remove my brains and acros

And on a previous subject of the coraline thought I should let you know I've been keeping my alkalinity at 4-5 meq/l and calcium at 450+ppm for super fast skeletal growth in my corals which is causing my coraline to absolutely explode with new growth lol

Then the answer is simple. The KISS effect. Keep it simple! It looks great man. Upgrade the tank later on and then make yourself a pillared aquascape like no other. Then, just place the rocks from your pile into the aquascape in the new tank. Problem solved.

I know what you mean. I actually like the 4th pic lol. Trust me I know how hard it can be. I had many avalanches in my tank when re scaping lol. One time I had to run to my buddy's store and grab more live rock! My tank was a mess. But I kept working on it through the night.

Back
Top Bottom