restocking my 55 - yellowstripe maroon clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to get a yellowstripe maroon clownfish (single, I think a pair may be too much aggression).

I'm wondering if it will be fine with 2 green chromis, a royal gramma, coral beauty, and a kole tang. I will be restocking to have this but don't want any trouble!

I looked at a Yellowstripe in a store and bought because it was already hosting a bubbletip and got a great deal on the two! However what I didn't know was that they have a tendancy to turn very dark! Here is before and after
1189502824_xm2CK-S.jpg

P5058271-S.jpg

IMO they are the most beautiful clownfish.
What other fish do you have in the tank and how is the clownfish's temperment?

I have 2 green chromis, royal gramma, aptasia eating filefish, sixline wrasse, he doesnt bother any unless the swim close to his anemone then he darts at them but has never hurt any. If I put my hand close to the anemone he tries to bite, lol

Should I try a pair of babies? Or am I setting myself up for fish death?

I looked at a Yellowstripe in a store and bought because it was already hosting a bubbletip and got a great deal on the two! However what I didn't know was that they have a tendancy to turn very dark! Here is before and after
1189502824_xm2CK-S.jpg

P5058271-S.jpg
I didn't know that they turn dark either!

Do you know what kind of Bubble Tip that it is?

Not worried about the mess I'm just wondering if they would kill each other

How is your tang doing? I am setting up a 55g and am thinking of how I want to stock it. I LOVE tangs but from my understanding I should get one if I only have a 55g???

Yeah, the kole tang can be housed in a 70 gallon. I figured the 55 was close enough and got it anyways. He did well for a long time before I got the dreaded ich. I'm still going to get another one after this/these clown/s

That's kinda how I look a it. A 55g isn't much smaller than a 75 lol. I would love a yellow tang I would just be afraid of it getting stressed and ultimately getting ick =\.

I had a russels lion fish with a snowflake eel in a 29g tank for about a year and a half and it was fine. I was such a noob it was ridiculous. I guess that's what happens when you buy a complete set up off a friend.

Keeping a yellow tang in a 55 or even 75 is alot different than squeezing in a tomnini or kole tang into a 55g. The fish are like night and day as far as swimming room so the 4 foot tank really isn't big enough. I'm not a big fan of tangs in four foot tanks, I'm maybe gonna get a tang in my 4 foot 90g tank but I'm not happy about it. lol

Keeping any tank in a 55g is not the best idea. However, a kole tank in a 55g tank is not that bad if someone is going to do it?

I have a empty 55g and I am not sure what I want to put in it. I want some snails and shrimps a couple clowns and some chromis but besides that I have no idea.

Keeping any tank in a 55g is not the best idea. However, a kole tank in a 55g tank is not that bad if someone is going to do it?

I have a empty 55g and I am not sure what I want to put in it. I want some snails and shrimps a couple clowns and some chromis but besides that I have no idea.

The way I reasoned with myself is swimming room. If a minimum tank size for a kole tang is 70 gallons, that (well, a 75 gallon) is going to be the same length as a 55 (48") unless it is not a standard shape.

The other tangs want a lot of swimming room and wouldn't bode well in 48" of swimming room.

This is just from what I read. Going from the ocean to any tank has to seem like a drag for the fish. :p

I decided I'm going to try a pair of the yellowstriped maroon clownfish. Guess I will see what happens.

Liveaquaria.com was out of stock.

So I called my LFS, just to see, and they have a pair of maroon clownfish :| they never have cool stuff.

One is 5" and one is 2". Going to check them out later today.

LiveAquaria.com sent me a notification email a few days ago that these just got back in stock. I ordered two babies and they came this morning. They've been in the QT for about 12 hours now. So far they're getting along (knock on wood!).

img_1842793_0_6fd08a7f77b99689ae15713be6826879.jpg

img_1842793_1_2d130141a1e512eb1b9945ad1a4a67f1.jpg

Such a gorgeous fish!

Back
Top Bottom