Reverse Osmosis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know my water is pretty crumby. I live in the city and although I have never tested it for different minerals and chemical content, I know it's high in copper and probably a bunch of other stuff that's pretty nasty for a reef. This will be my first saltwater aquarium and I want to get an RO system. My question is, how many gallons per day am I looking for here? The aquarium I will be setting up is a 90gal.

I looked briefly for other topics about it here, but didn't find what I wanted. Maybe I didn't look in the right spot.

Any help is much appreciated. :)

you can get a pretty good I believe 100gpd 6 stage from ebay for about 125.00 shipped.. I have personally delt with "FilterDirect" on Ebay and can and will state their product is well worth the money.. I would say that you really only need one that produces enough to make up your top off water per day but the more GPD the better IMO.. Makes good for emergencies.. Get a TDS meter and if you dont really have great water pressure get a pump as well.. I believe CaptiveReefs.com has a comparable one as well.. I believe he carries the AquaFx models.. FWIW I wouldnt get one under 50gpd I would try and stay in the 75+ range.. Here is a link to the RO/DI that I personally bought just more GPD as the upgraded them EBAY Unit

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom