Revised Reef Line up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok here is my plan for adding fish to my tank:

- Mystery Wrasse
- Scott's Fairy Wrasse
- Yellow Candy Hogfish
- Purple Tang

I plan on getting the tang in a small size from marine depot, and from my understanding it will take a few years to grow to full adult size. By that time I will have a larger tank or I will take him to the LFS.

How does that look for a reef tank?

Scott's is a big fish. Like 4 or 5" I believe.

On the hogfish, I think you might have to be concerned about it munching on your cleanup crew - which IMO makes the reef not as succesful.

You have to be careful about the wrasses like FishFrik said. They can become really aggressive and will fight to the death is some cases. As far as the Hog fish goes, just be sure to add all of your shrimp that you want BEFORE you get it. According to their profile they may eat shrimp that are added after the fish is. I look at it like the angel fish though, some of them say they may nip at corals. Some do and some don't. It just depends on the fish. I don't have any personal experience with a hog fish so I can't be positive. But just keep an eye on it if you decide to get one. They're really cool fish!

Back
Top Bottom