Ribbon Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bassoonguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am getting ready to build a 180 gallon to accomodate my growing fish (1 emperor angel, 1 volitan lion, 1 longnose butterfly) and was thinking about a ribbon eel to complete the collection. YES I know they are very hard to keep.. but has ANYONE had success with getting them to feed?

Sounds familiar, right Aaron?

I wanted one for a very long time, they are gorgeous fish, i agree. The fact that they change color from black to blue is amazing. However, if your LFS doesnt have one, and keep it alive and fed for at least 2 weeks, I really dont recomend it at all. Sorry man. I love your tank and would love to see you get an eel, how about a zebra moray?

I had one, took it back to the LFS, at the store it ate and I watched it. it was very health and doing good so I got it, I purchased everything under the sun for it to eat and I could not get it to eat. I was told by the LFS that it may have been because of the other fish. Ribbon Eels would do better in a tank by themselfs if they are eating.

Back
Top Bottom