Rich's 125 Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice job! Fish and coral are the most exciting part ;) If your anything like me you must be dying to get some in your cool tank!

LOL Redsea. I moved everything from the 45. BUT!!!! You were not far from the truth. Have a cleaner wrasse in drip acclimation and a chocolate chip star floating waiting to go into the aclimation bucket when the wrasse is done. I took my daughter to dinner tonight and we just had to stop at an LFS on the way home. Do you know how hard it was to say no to the white cheek tang????? Soon, very soon.

OK, talked to the LFS and they said they would take him back. Can't believe I did that. At least he is easy to catch. LOL Going to the sump for the day and I will take him back tomorrow.

Wife's Reaction

When she walked in from the airport and took a good look her exact words were "It's Big". My reply......"Well thank you but what about the tank?" :brows:

One new addition to the family today. The picture is not good but you get the point. :) Before you ask, this came from my fav LFS who quarantines all her fish. I got this as it came out of quarantine before going into the for sale tanks therefore I saw no need to put it through a second quarantine.

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 127
rdnelson99 said:
One new addition to the family today. The picture is not good but you get the point. :) Before you ask, this came from my fav LFS who quarantines all her fish. I got this as it came out of quarantine before going into the for sale tanks therefore I saw no need to put it through a second quarantine.

Great choice Rich, gotta love fairy wrasses! I have considered purchasing one for me before, but have never done so (yet) :lol:.

You are very lucky! I wish the LFS around here would quarantine their livestock, maybe then there wouldn't be so much ich :nono:

Great choice Rich, gotta love fairy wrasses! I have considered purchasing one for me before, but have never done so (yet) :lol:.

You are very lucky! I wish the LFS around here would quarantine their livestock, maybe then there wouldn't be so much ich :nono:

Thanks man. It is actually a [FONT=&quot]Solarinsis Wrasse which is just as pretty in my book but much less expensive. :)

This LFS is fantastic. She is all over the forum for our local reef club, help found the club and gives fantastic advice. She will flat out tell you that you are stupid if you insist on buying something you shouldn't. Then she will tell you that you have to buy is somewhere else because she isn't selling it to you. :) If I am buying from and LFS, and she has it in stock, I will buy it from her. Most times, her prices are better than the others also.
[/FONT]

That is great! The LFS around here tell you Blue Hippo Tangs fare well in 34g, LOL.

The Wrasse definitely is beautiful, the coloring on his head is my favorite.

Another nice thing that I like about Wrasses is that they are active. It doesn't have to be a trade off between color and activity, you can get both with a Wrasse.

Last edited:
redsea said:
That is great! The LFS around here tell you Blue Hippo Tangs fare well in 34g, LOL.

The Wrasse definitely is beautiful, the coloring on his head is my favorite.

Another nice thing that I like about Wrasses is that they are active. It doesn't have to be a trade off between color and activity, you can get both with a Wrasse.

Yup I like the wrasse. I have this guy, a cleaner, a 6 line and a yellow chorus. Love the all. I almost bought a pair of fire fish this morning too but the budget was tight. But as soon as I got home I sold my skimmer from my old tank for $125 so they are sitting in a bag on the bar here at OliveGarden while I wait for dinner to take home to the family. LOL.

Cool, how is your Cleaner doing?

By the way, my favorite restaurant is Olive Garden!

Now I am going to want breadsticks and salad and Cheese Ravioli later, darn it! Lol.

redsea said:
Cool, how is your Cleaner doing?

By the way, my favorite restaurant is Olive Garden!

Now I am going to want breadsticks and salad and Cheese Ravioli later, darn it! Lol.

Cleaner is doing great. Eats wetland always comes to the glass when you approach the tank. Saw him cleaning my Kole once but they are all still getting used to each other. He went in last Saturday. Next addition will be a Lamrcks Angle and the I will add a couple of Tangs. Debating between a Powder Brown and a Blonde Naso for one of them and then I will pick something that doesn't have a similar body style as that one or my Kole.

I will be getting a Lamarck's Angel for my 125g too, a really cool fish!

Glad the tank is going well so far!

OK, made it home (The Chicken Alfredo was delicious by the way) and acclimated the new additions. They are now in the tank. Again, this is a terrible pic but.........

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom